Sunday, November 1, 2015

A stack of quilts

Early October 2014 the new grand boy was due.  I knew I would be making a trip home to the Mississippi Gulf Coast to meet him.  I wanted to get as many quilts made as I could to take with me.  I did get quite a few made.

My daughter, Lisa wanted Chevron stripes.  The easiest pattern I found used half square triangles (HST).  This is a great block to learn to make because there are so many quilts that can be made with it.  Dragon fly and zinna flower fabric.  




My second grandtwin, Tristen:  I wanted old blue jeans-inspiration quilt here.  I decided to use bandanas also which I bought from Jo Ann's.  Added some patches, used the pockets black cotton backing.

For grand princess, Baleigh-lover of horses and pink.  more HST and a kind of chevron.  I basically made the squares and then arranged them and re-arranged them until I got a pattern I liked


Fabric is Cowgirl up.  Prairie points around the edges.

Then for grand princess Emma.  Purple butterflies.  I also wanted to try my hand at ruffles on this and a simple 9 patch. 



on the design wall


At last but not least-the new baby Jaxton's


A simple charm pack rag quilt.


1 comment:

  1. They are all so very pretty!!!! LOVE the Chevron one! Love the colors!! You are just goin' like a house a fire!!!! Some exciting stuff right there!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Please leave a comment. Hope you day is blessed.